DRS Controversy rocks 2nd T20I between India & New Zealand

India vs New Zealand: Krunal Pandya struck twice in his 1st over of the 2nd T20I against New Zealand in Auckland but TV replays showed Daryl Mitchell was hard done by. Krunal appealed for an LBW against Mitchell and the appeal was upheld but hot spot showed there was a clear inside edge.

Daryl Mitchell was given out leg before wicket controversially off the bowling of Krunal Pandya in the sixth over of New Zealand's innings in the second T20 International against India in Auckland on Friday. Krunal first removed opener Colin Munron off the second ball of the power play before appealing for an LBW decision against Daryl Mitchell.

The umpire Chris Brown upheld the appeal against Mitchell. Even as India celebrated the wicket, New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson protested immediately and asked Mitchell to review the decision. It was clear from TV replays that Mitchell had a big inside edge on the bat.

Hot spot showed there was an edge as well but all three trackers on the Decision Review System showed red and the ball would have hit middle stump.

MS Dhoni was seen having a conversation with Kane Williamson and Rohit Sharma was confused. He had a word with the umpires as well but there was no way the umpires could have retracted their decision. Daryl Mitchell had to walk back to the hut because he had no other option - he could have continued to bat only if Rohit Sharma had called him back. New Zealand also lost their review.

New Zealand were visibly dismayed by what happened in the middle.

Krunal Pandya struck again in his next over to dismiss Kane Williamson as New Zealand slipped to 50 for 4.

Daryl Mitchell would consider himself very unlucky. He had made his T20I debut in the first T20I against India in Wellington on Wednesday and he was superbly caught by Dinesh Karthik near the boundary ropes for 8.

On Friday, Mitchell had walked in to join his skipper Kane Williamson after a strong start - New Zealand were poised to take the game away from India early on in their innings but the 27-year-old Mitchell was forced to walk off for 1 off 2 balls after a poor umpiring decision.