VRINDAVAN: Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Vrindavan today and served food to underprivileged schoolchildren. He also unveiled a ceremonial plaque to mark the serving of "3rd billionth meal" by Akshaya Patra Foundation at Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir campus in the holy city.
"The prime minister will serve food to about 20 schoolchildren from underprivileged background in the campus, marking the three billionth meal offered by Akshaya Patra," Naveena Neerada Dasa, head of strategic communications in ISKCON, had said.
Funded by International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), Akshaya Patra is a Bengaluru-based not-for-profit organisation that works with the government on mid-day meal schemes. It has a state-of-the-art kitchen in Vrindavan and PM Modi served food to children near the facility.
Main pointers from PM Modi's speech in Vrindavan:
- After a short while, I am going to have the opportunity to serve the food with my hand.
- As many meals will be served, one of them will be the three billionth.
- These campaigns were started with 1500 children and today 17 lakh children have been provided with food now
- With nutrients in replaceable conditions, adequate and good quality food is being served to the children.
- Everyone involved in Akshay Patra, ranging from cooks to servers, are helping the country
- If we succeed in delivering the nutrition campaign to every mother, every child, many lives will be saved.
- With this thought, our government had started the national nutrition mission across Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan last year.
- The month of September last year was devoted only to nutrition
- Mission Indradhanush aimed at reaching every child of the country
- So far under this mission, about 3 crore 40 lakh children in the country and about 90 lakh pregnant women have been vaccinated.
- The speed at which work is being done, the goal is not too far
- We have fastened the vaccination campaign as well, the number of vaccines has also increased.
- In the earlier programme, 5 new vaccines have been added, one of which is also for encephalitis, which has been seen in Uttar Pradesh.
- Now a total of 12 vaccines for children will be brought in
- Mission Indradhanush is being appreciated worldwide today
- Recently, a famous medical journal has chosen the program in the world's 12 Best Practices
- Another important aspect of children's safety armor is hygiene.
- We raised the gauntlet to overcome this menace through Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- An international report says the mission has likely saved a life of about 3 lakh people from a clean India Mission